The Parent Council is comprised of parents who volunteer to support the mission of Early Childhood Care & Education Services and serve as a resource and advisor to the Director and teaching staff. We meet monthly to plan fundraisers, parent education meetings, and social events for the Centers. We plan and fund enrichment activities for the classrooms, and we provide petty cash for each classroom to use for essential resources.
For more information please contact our parent council at firstname.lastname@example.org
Five Ways to Get Involved
- Attend Parent Council Meetings
- Volunteer to be a Classroom Representative (Room Rep)
- Volunteer in your child's classroom
- Sign up to help with an event
- Serve on a Parent Council Committee
Board Member Positions
- Co-Vice Chair for Enrichment/Library
- Co-Vice Chair for Fund Raising - Currently Open
- Recording Secretary - Currently Open
- Corresponding (Room Rep) Chair
- Silent Auction
- Parent Education Meetings
- Staff Appreciation Luncheons
- Enrichment Programs
- Various Fundraising Events
Monies raised by the Parent Council support the Centers in a variety of ways.
- Teachers from each classroom receive money from Parent Council to purchase discretionary classroom materials.
- Parent Council funds are used to support the Enrichment Program, to purchase educational materials & to make improvements to the play yards.
- ParentSquare is a format of electronic communication to the parents from the teachers, the Centers & Parent Council.